District at a Glance
One of the top districts in the state, the Bexley City School District is located in an Ohio suburban community just four miles east of downtown Columbus. Bexley's neighborhood schools form the center of a stable, close knit community. Students benefit from the small class sizes that permit personal attention and foster academic excellence, with access to a rich variety of courses and extra-curricular programs. The district operates according to a guiding mission and strategic priorities that have been set by community stakeholders and approved by the Board of Education.
- Earned a record high Performance Index of 107.4, on latest Ohio Department of Education District Report Card.
- Accredited by the internationally recognized AdvancED.
- Bexley High School ranked 158th of some 29,000 U.S. public high schools that "serve all students well," according to U.S. News and World Report in 2016; Bexley was the top-ranked school in central Ohio and the third in the state.
- Twenty-three Advanced Placement (AP) courses available at Bexley High School, an unusually high number for the size of the school; in 2016, a record number of 313 students (62 percent of those eligible) took a total of 663 AP exams.
- Twelve members of the class of 2016 invited to participate in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Earned Moody’s Investor Service Aa2 rating, one of the highest ratings assigned any Ohio district.
- Cassingham Elementary and Bexley Middle School authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) world schools, the first of their kind in Ohio.
Total Enrollment - May 2016
|Bexley High School (grades 9 - 12)||695|
|Bexley Middle School (grades 7 - 8)||360|
|Cassingham Elementary School (grades K - 6)||471|
|Maryland Elementary School (grades K - 6)||348|
|Montrose Elementary School (grades K - 6)||400|
|Graduation rate (four years)||99.3%|
|College Matriculation rate (class of 2014)||93.0%|
|Black, Hispanic, Asian, Multiracial enrollment||16.9%|
|Teachers - full time equivalent||170.9|
|Average years of experience||13|
|Teachers with at least a Master’s Degree||86.3%|
|Average teacher's salary||$74.988|
|General Fund Budget (2015 - 2016)||$34.57 M|
|Per Pupil Expenditure (FY 2012)+||$14,178|
|Total Expenditure for Classroom Instruction*||71.5%|
|General Fund Receipts|
|Property Taxes||$17.7 M|
|State Foundation/Rollback||$ 6.9 M|
|Income tax||$ 7.2 M|
|Earnings on Investments/Miscellaneous||$ 0.5 M|
|College Admissions Test Results|
|Bexley student scores compared with Ohio statewide averages:|
SAT Critical Reading
|ACT average composite score||25.9 (22)|
|Characteristics of the Community|
|Population of Bexley||
|Number of households||4,705|
|Median income based on federal
income tax returns*
*Ohio Department of Taxation, 2013
+ Most recent data available