2018-2019 Kindergarten and New-to-District Registration
Welcome to Bexley Schools!
This is an exciting step in your child's future, and we look forward to having your child be part of our school community.
A resident who is new to Bexley Schools should contact the school that the child will attend. Parents/guardians may become acquainted with the schools by reviewing the district's website or by contacting the school or Central Office.
Unique opportunities in the district include K-12 world language instruction, K-12 arts and music programs, K-12 librarians/media specialists, and dedicated school counselors in all five buildings. Over 22 Advanced Placement (AP) courses approved by the College Board are offered in a variety of areas. AP courses serve as a measure of curriculum standards for college readiness. The district also offers neighborhood schools and values small class sizes.
New student registration takes place throughout the year in each school office during regular school hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
*Exception: Elementary buildings register students throughout the month of August and through June. Please call the school office for assistance.
March 6-7, 2018: Kindergarten Registration
Bexley offers all-day kindergarten for all students who turn five years of age on or before August 1, the year of enrollment. New students to kindergarten should be registered at the elementary school of attendance. The child does not have to accompany the parent/guardian to register. Click here for information about kindergarten readiness: Ohio Department of Education Kindergarten Readiness Checklist.
To support efficient on-site registration, families with the last names ending with A through L are invited to register March 6, and families with the last names ending with M through Z are invited to register March 7:
March 6, 2018 (A through L)
March 7, 2018 (M through Z)
*Evening registration (March 6, 6:00-8: 00 pm) is available to all families unable to register during daytime hours.
If you are unable to make these dates, please call your child's school principal for assistance.
Early entrance to kindergarten may be a way to meet the needs of the exceptional child who is both academically ready and developmentally mature when compared with other children of the same age.
Ohio law says that a child can be evaluated for early entrance upon the request of the child's parent/guardian. Very few children meet the requirements for early entrance. For more information contact Gifted Coordinator Colette Smith: email@example.com, 614.231.7611.
Required at K-12 Registration
Parents/guardians of new students will need to complete student demographic, emergency and medical information for their child in our online registration system. This information may be completed prior to attending the school’s on-site registration. Click here to complete the Online Registration for New Students to the District.
- Child’s original birth certificate or other evidence of birth;
- Certified copy of any child custody order or decree*;
- Written evidence of required immunizations (or written evidence to indicate in process of receiving immunizations to be completed no later than the first day of school)**;
- Completed rental, lease, or proof of ownership, including contact information for verification (i.e., tax bill, mortgage payment or county auditor property information);
- Utility receipt or utility deposit receipt; and
- Driver’s license.
* If applicable, provide Court-placed or foster care documentation.
**The district maintains an immunization record for each student. Students failing to complete immunizations within 14 days after entering are not permitted to return to school.
Student Health Plans and Other Forms
- Prescription Medication Authorization
- Non-Prescription Medication Authorization
- Special Dietary Authorization Form
- Asthma Action Plan and Medication Authorization
- Allergy Emergency Action Plan and Medication Authorization
- Bexley School District Addresses
- Ohio's New Learning Standards - Kindergarten through Grade 3
- Board of Education Policy JEC, School Admission
- Board of Education Policy JECA, Admission of Resident Students
- Application for Intradistrict Open Enrollment