The Bexley City School District provides equal education, counseling, extracurricular, and employment opportunities to all students, employees, and job applicants. These equal opportunities exist without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, handicapping condition, or limited English skill.
Bexley hires substitute teachers through the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio (ESCCO). The ESCCO facilitates substitute applications, orientation, background checks, AESOP registration, and payroll.
Please visit the ESCCO website link below for detailed information and applications. In completing the application, be sure to indicate Bexley City School District on the required Preference List.
Please note: Any substitute teacher who has not been paid by the ESCCO during the past school year is considered a NEW substitute and must submit the ESCCO Job 3955 application and attachments.
RETURNING substitute teachers (that have been paid by the ESCCO during the past school year) must submit the ESCCO Job 3954 application to reactivate your status.
For all positions listed :
- Minority applicants encouraged to apply
- Successful experience working with diverse populations
- Capacity to maximize the cultural capital of their students
- Experience with effective implementation of culturally relevant pedagogy (CRP)
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and trust within diverse communities
- Ability to make content understandable and culturally relevant
- Ability to motivate and engage diverse students
The Bexley City School District Board of Education and the Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE)/ AFSCME Local 4/AFL-CIO and its Local #123 agreed to the following Contract (2017-2020).