BHS School Announcements
Announcements for Thursday 10-19-17
Seniors! Sign up online @ Cilento Photography to get your yearbook Portrait Shot taken on November 1 in the BHS Community Room (unless you already did this @ Polaris). Sign up today! The portrait shots are filling up fast!
- Classics club TODAY!
- Be scared...be very scared...but in a fun movie way! It’s almost Halloween so the Cinema Club will be watching Alfred Hitchcock’s classic movie Psycho. Join us next Wednesday during both lunch periods for some scary clips and trick-or-treat goodies. Room 4187.
- Are you anxiously awaiting the return of Stranger Things? Did you catch the beginning of Supernatural's 13th season? If you are obsessed with a show or genre, you will enjoy the new Fandom / Anime Club. Fandom / Anime Club will NOT meet this Friday, but will meet on Friday the 27th. We will vote for leadership roles and will discuss "What is a Fandom?" Since it is Halloween week, we can also talk about our favorite monsters and creatures. We meet in Mrs. Brendle’s room for all of lunch; anyone is welcome so feel free to stop in!
- Homecoming is this Saturday from 8-11 p.m. at the Fawcett center.Bring a mask if you have one, but you can totally go to the dance without a mask and masks will be provided at the dance. Homecoming elections are now open to ALL GRADES, so everyone should check for an email from Mr. Featherstone to vote for the homecoming king and queen. Tomorrow is spirit day!
- Remember to follow @BexleoYearbook on Instagram & Twitter to give your homeroom a shot at winning an AMAZING FREE breakfast and a chance at a FREE yearbook! Whichever homeroom has the greatest number of students following Bexleo’s social media accounts combined with the greatest number of LIKEs for their homeroom photo by Friday of next week is the winner!
- Remember to order your City BBQ soon for Book Club next week!
- The Thespian of the month for October is... Emmett Katz! Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the theater department! Yea, Emmett!!!
- Would you like to send your art to space?Design a patch for LEOmission by TOMORROW and your art could be sent to near space. Contact Carolyn Summerford for more information or see Mrs Golliday.
- There will be a meeting during the second half of lunch TODAY in the Community Room for anyone interested in joining the swim team this winter.This meeting is purely informational with no commitments and you don't have to have any experience on a swim team to join. Hope to see you there!
- Congrats to your Bexley In-the-Know Lions-- who deftly defeated Bishop Ready last night. A special congrats to the JV team who won the round with a tie breaking question. Go Lions!
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
Once again it’s time for On This Day in History! On this day in 1781 British General Charles Cornwallis surrendered his army of some 8,000 men to General George Washington at Yorktown, giving up any chance for the British to win the Revolutionary War. Also on this day in history three remarkable BHS students were born: Happy Birthday to Thomas Miller, Mia Upchurch & TyTy Arnold!
Congratulations to the 2017 Homecoming Court:
Homecoming Queen Top 5
Homecoming King Top 5