Ohio’s State Tests for Elementary Students The Ohio Department of Education provides schools with a “window” of testing dates within which we must administer our state-wide assessments. Please keep these dates in mind as you plan for upcoming appointments for your child. Across all three Bexley elementary schools our testing will occur on the following dates:
English Language Arts
- 3rd grade ELA, Part 1 – April 2 and Part 2 – April 3
- 4th grade ELA, Part 1 – April 4 and Part 2 – April 9
- 5th grade ELA, Part 1 – April 10 and Part 2 – April 11
- English Language Arts Make-ups – April 3- 18
- 3rd grade Math, Part 1 – April 23 and Part 2 – April 24
- 4th grade Math, Part 1 – April 25 and Part 2 – April 30
- 5th grade Math, Part 1 – May 1 and Part 2 – May 2
- 5th grade Science, Part 1 – May 7and Part 2 – May 8
- Math and Science Make-ups – April 23 -May 10
Award-winning author visiting in February Our school will welcome award-winning author, illustrator, and editor Michael J. Rosen on February 8th. Mr. Rosen is from right here in Columbus. He has written or edited more than 150 books; they range from children's picture books to young adult and adult novels and poetry.
During his time in the building he will meet with our 5th graders poets and will present to our entire school from 2:15-2:55 pm about the writing process. Parents are welcome to join us for this event; please sit in the balcony.
Gramercy Books is working with our school in support of this visit and providing a discount on two of his newest books! If you’re interested in purchasing Mr. Rosen’s books from Gramercy, please contact your child’s teacher for an ordering form, or stop by the Cassingham Office. CassinghamPTO funds support this experience for our students.
Empowering students to navigate peer challenges Jim Bisenius, will return to Cassingham on Tuesday, 2/5/19 to talk with students and faculty. Mr. Bisenius will present concrete tips and tools for your child to implement in response to oppressive social situations. The strategies are informed by the lessons Jim has learned in his private therapy practice with hundreds of children as a therapist. More information can be found at: http://bullyproofingyouth.com/school_trainings/ Cassingham PTO funds also support this experience and sponsored his parent talk on October 15, 2018.