Dear parents and families,
This cold, strep, and flu season has certainly been gloomy. As educators, we anticipate students being out at times but it’s also a time when we, as adults (you included) can become ill. Often the emotional toll of taking care of our little ones is challenging too. Remember to take care of yourself and rest. Ensuring your health will allow you to have a better mindset when you care for others.
I can say that this season has hit my family too and missing time from work seems daunting. I can say the same for staff too. Often times when staff are sick and out, they are concerned as to who is caring for their students. Sometimes it is all hands on deck at school to ensure our students are cared for, classes are covered, and learning continues. Sometimes that means that I get to fill in for various positions around the building. When this happens, I always appreciate getting to learn more about the important role each staff member plays in our organization. I am grateful for our staff, and I know you are too. Each staff member certainly plays an important role in our childrens’ journeys.
In light of the importance of each staff member’s role at Montrose, our PTO and I will host Staff Appreciation Week this week, March 9th - 13th.
We would love to have your support with celebrating our staff, and kindly ask you to consider: https://bit.ly/3ahfxUw
MONDAY, MARCH 9
• PTO delivers snacks on a cart to staff throughout the school day
• Students donate a school supply item to their classroom
TUESDAY, MARCH 10
• Ms. K-L raffles off items throughout the day for staff
• Students give flowers to the buckets at the entry doors. PTO will make floral arrangements for each staff member and hand them out to staff during the day
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11
• PTO provides lunch for staff in the staff lounge
• Students give teachers notes of thanks and/or hand drawn pictures to classroom teachers
THURSDAY, MARCH 12
• Lunch provided by Ms. Klosterman-Lando with the help of our MT Parents for desserts and duty coverage (sign up with this link: https://bit.ly/3ahfxUw)
• Students give notes of thanks or hand drawn pictures to specials teachers, aides, cafeteria team, custodians, reading staff, and support teachers
FRIDAY, MARCH 13
• Breakfast and coffee provided by PTO
• Montrose Spirit Day: Students wear Montrose, Bexley, or blue apparel to show staff how much they love our staff and school
Have a wonderful week!
Melissa Klosterman-Lando, Principal at Montrose Elementary, Bexley City School District
Email: [email protected]Bexley.us
Follow Montrose Elementary on Twitter at @BexleyMontrose
Providing a safe and healthy learning environment for our students and staff is our top priority. Flu season is upon us, and we need your help! Please remind your children to wash their hands, cover their mouths when coughing and sneezing, and do not share drinks/food with classmates. We are working diligently to fight germs through our district's disinfectant procedures.
RESOURCES for INTERNET SAFETY and DIGITAL WELLNESS
As part of our Bexley Be Well initiative, strategic plan, and technology plan work, for the last year, we've been partnering with 12 other school districts and WOSU on developing resources to support educators on helping students with digital wellness.
Click here to learn more about digital wellness in our schools and across the state.
For resources and tutorials, visit these sites:
Bexley Digital Wellness
WOSU Digital Wellness
Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year is open! Find more information here. Please share with neighbors that have kindergartners (first time Montrose students). Thank you!
STAY CONNECTED WITH THESE LINKS:
Bexley City Schools Calendar 2020-2021
Elementary Lunch Menu 2019-2020
Bexley City Event Calendar
Bexley Public Library Event Calendar
• March 9-13, 2020: Staff Appreciation Week at Montrose: https://bit.ly/3ahfxUw (see above for details)
• March 16-20, 2020 and SPRING BREAK, no school for students and staff.
• Staying home for Spring Break? Join me and All Star Athletes from across the country at the Bexley Public Library on Friday, March 20 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. (see flyer below)
• March 23, 2020: No school for students, staff Professional Development and Work day
• Tuesday, March 24, 2020: School resumes for students and PTO Meeting in Montrose Library, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
• Saturnday, March 28, 2020: Celebrate Bexley Schools at Bexley Education Foundation's BRAVO! at St. Charles Preparatory School. For tickets, click here.