Kindergarten registration for fall 2020 is coming soon.
Bexley offers all-day kindergarten for children who will turn five years by August 1, 2020. There are four steps involved in the Bexley City School District kindergarten registration process.
Step 1: Beginning February 15, 2020, parents should begin the kindergarten registration process by completing the online questionnaire located on our main website by selecting the "Student Registration" that will be located on the top of the page.
Step 2: Once the online registration has been submitted, you will receive an automated email announcing the documents needed for enrollment (see below for a “head start”) along with directions on how to schedule a meeting with our registrar.
Step 3: Attend a 20-minute Document Verification meeting with the registrar and present all required enrollment documents. Meetings will be held in the District office located in the Cassingham Complex. Documents will be scanned/copied and the originals will be returned to parents/guardians. The child does not have to accompany the parents/guardians to register. Meetings will be held March 16-April 3, 2020. Meeting dates and general times are listed below.
March 16-20: 8:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
March 23-27: 8:40 a.m. - 5:40 p.m.
March 30-April 3: 8:40 a.m. - 5:40 p.m.
Step 4: Once all required documents have been received and the student has been approved for enrollment, the student will be scheduled for kindergarten screening which will occur at the child’s elementary school of attendance. The dates and times for the 75-minute screenings are either August 6 or 11. The exact time willbe scheduledat the Document Verification meeting.
Required Enrollment Documents
- Child’s original birth certificate or other evidence of birth;
- Certified copy of any child custody order or decree;
- Written evidence of required immunizations (or written evidence to indicate in process of receiving immunizations to be completed no later than the first day of school);
- Completed rental, lease, or proof of ownership, including contact information for verification (i.e., tax bill, mortgage payment or county auditor property information); All rental agreements must include parent/guardian
- Utility receipt or utility deposit receipt;
- Driver’s licenseor state issued ID reflecting Bexley address. (If an ID does not reflect a current Bexley address, must complete a Voter Registration form must be completed when you present your enrollment documents.