January 26, 2020
Dear parents and families,
Thank you to those who attended Bexley’s Parent Institute on Wednesday evening to learn more about school safety, social-emotional learning, technology, experiential learning, athletics, and our Bexley Learner Profile.
Another thank you to those parents who attended Tuesday evening's PTO meeting and special presentation from Alex Beekman, Licensed Counselor of Eightfold Counseling. Alex shared helpful ideas on how families can connect and grow positive foundations regarding mental health, positive self-image, and healthy family habits.
This week we had our final "spell off". Montrose's Spelling Bee Champion is Myra Swartz! She will represent Montrose in Columbus’ Spelling Bee later this winter.
CONGRATULATIONS to all of our amazing spellers! This was the most intensive Spelling Bee that Mr. Strait has lead in over 15 years! Wow!
This week, Dr. Hasan Jeffries, historian and professor at The Ohio State University, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, presented to Bexley City School's staff. Bexley’s Director of Student and Community Engagement, Leisan Smith, has invited Dr. Jeffries to present to our community on Tuesday, February 25th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Montrose Library. Feel free to join us, all are welcome.
In Bexley, we value engagement and our ability to create awareness regarding our civic and cultural responsibilities. By listening to each other (even each other's hearts), we create deeper connection, positive relationships, and experience true kindness.
Have a wonderful week!
Melissa Klosterman-Lando, Principal at Montrose Elementary, Bexley City School District
Follow Montrose Elementary on Twitter at @BexleyMontrose
Engage. Empower. Equip.
BEXLEY CITY SCHOOLS CALENDAR for 2020-2021
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Bexley City Schools and Bexley Education Foundation are hosting State of the Schools on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, beginning at 5:45 p.m. The event will be hosted inside the Schottenstein Theater. The BEF Educator of the Year Award will be presented and updates on the strategic plan will be provided.
TICKETS FOR BEF’S BRAVO!
Celebrate Bexley Schools at Bexley Education Foundation’s BRAVO!, on Saturday, March 28, 2020, at St. Charles Preparatory School. For tickets click here.
• Thursday, February 6th: Parent teacher conference night for all three elementary schools (Your child’s teacher may have arranged for conferences on a different evening.)
• Tuesday, February 18th: PTO Meeting, 7-8 p.m. at Montrose Library
• Tuesday, February 25th: Presentation from Dr. Hasan Jeffries, How to Talk About Race, 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Montrose Library
• Wednesday, February 26th: Bexley City Schools and Bexley Education Foundation (BEF) are hosting State of the Schools, beginning at 5:45 p.m. at the Schottenstein Theater located at 326 S. Cassingham Rd, Bexley OH 43209
• Saturday, February 29th: Montrose’s Annual Fun For All from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.