February 9, 2020
Dear parents and families,
Thank you to all of you who met with our staff this week or in the past few weeks for parent and teacher conferences. An educational journey with supportive parents and family members is an investment that will benefit a child forever.
Something that brought me joy this week was all of the giving from all of you! For the 100th day of school, we collected food for our Little Free Food pantry. We are excited to share…
Thank you for all of the joy that you will bring to so many others. Have a great week!
Melissa Klosterman-Lando, Principal at Montrose Elementary, Bexley City School District
Montrose Elementary's website
Follow Montrose Elementary on Twitter at @BexleyMontrose
Engage. Empower. Equip.
Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year will open on Saturday, February 15, 2020. Find more information here.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Bexley City Schools and Bexley Education Foundation are hosting State of the Schools on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, beginning at 5:45 p.m. The event will be hosted inside the Schottenstein Theater. The BEF Educator of the Year Award will be presented and updates on the strategic plan will be provided.
TICKETS FOR BEF’S BRAVO!
Celebrate Bexley Schools at Bexley Education Foundation’s BRAVO!, on Saturday, March 28, 2020, at St. Charles Preparatory School. For tickets click here.
PANORAMA - SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING SURVEY for STUDENTS
As you know, in alignment with our strategic plan, we administered the Panorama survey in the fall. The Panorama survey allows us to assess students’ perceptions of social emotional learning (the critical skills and mindsets that enable success in school and in life). This online questionnaire encourages students to reflect on their own mindsets and approaches to learning.
The second Panorama survey will be administered on Feb. 26 for 5th grade. It is our hope that all students, 4th-12th grade will participate. Like the first administration, we will focus on areas that directly connect to our district’s mission to engage, equip, and empower each student. The focus areas are grit, self-management, sense of belonging, social awareness, and school climate.
Once again, our staff will review student responses while asking two key questions: What do our kids want us to know? What do they want us to do? Staff will have access to building level data that will help us identify potential areas to better support all students and provide them with strategies to lead happy, healthy lives. Our school counselors and building leaders will be able to look at individual student data to determine students that may need individual support. They will use this information, as needed, in partnership with teachers, to help further support these students.
Again, it is our hope that all students, 4th-12th grade will participate. If, however, you would like to opt your student out of the survey, please contact me by February 14. If you have questions about this survey, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your ongoing support of our students and of our school.
BEXLEY CITY SCHOOLS CALENDAR for 2020-2021
School Calendar for 2020-2021
• Friday, February 14th: No school
• Monday, February 17th: No school in observance of Presidents' Day
• Tuesday, February 18th: PTO Meeting, 7-8 p.m. at Montrose Library
• Tuesday, February 25th: Dr. Hassan Jeffries, Associate Professor of History at OSU, will host "Everything Your Children Wanted To Know About Race But Were Afraid to Ask." The presentation will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Montrose Elementary School Library and is open to the public.
• Wednesday, February 26th: Bexley City Schools and Bexley Education Foundation are hosting State of the Schools beginning at 5:45 p.m. The event will be hosted inside the Schottenstein Theater located at 326 S. Cassingham Rd, Bexley OH 43209. The BEF Educator of the Year Award will be presented and updates on the strategic plan will be provided.
• Saturday, February 29th: Montrose’s Annual Fun For All from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.• Saturday, March 28, 2020: Celebrate Bexley Schools at Bexley Education Foundation’s BRAVO! at St. Charles Preparatory School. For tickets click here.