Music Theory should report to the Library 1st period today.
you want to make a positive change in your school and community visit the Youth
to Youth table at lunch TODAY, TOMORROW, & Friday. This group will
talk about developing leadership, while discussing issues impacting
teens today including bullying, mental health, substance abuse to name a
few. By being a part of this group you will have the chance to
connect with peers and discuss issues you face as well as how to make change in
your school. See Ms. Robbins if you have any questions.
- Crafts and Charity club meeting TODAY during lunch in Ms. Groot's room (7111).
meets TODAY! We’ll be talking about conversion therapy. Anyone and everyone is
pong club will be in the gym at 12:15. Be
there or be square.
class shirt distribution will take place today. If you bought a junior class
shirt, please stop by the library during the second half of lunch to pick it
- There is a environmental club meeting this Thursday at lunch in Mr. Logsdon's room 4230. We will be making locker signs and discussing plans for fundraising, forest service projects and grant writing opportunities. All are welcome and it is never too late to join.
- Reminder that the trip to Eastland is this Thursday @ 11:00 a.m.!
Theater Arts Presents:
Little Shop of Horrors High School Fall Musical. Shows
15th at 7:00PM
16th at 7:30PM
17th at 2:00PM
17th at 7:30PM
- Hey, Art Kids! Attend the fabulous "Wex'Lab: Drop In Studio for Youth" - Thursday, November 15, 4-7 PM at OSU's Mershon Auditorium. These free, self-directed studio sessions are open for all HS art students. They provide materials, space to work, pizza and snacks, and -- if you want it -- art advice. Questions? Please contact email@example.com or (614)
COMING! Don’t miss your chance to meet Scott Woods, performance poet
extraordinaire. The English Department and the ERC is offering a workshop
with him the Tuesday right after Thanksgiving break during 4th period and
lunch. This opportunity is open to all students but spaces may fill up
quickly so get your application form today from either your English teacher or
Ms. Santer in the ERC.
- The boys and girls cross country teams wrapped up their seasons in very challenging conditions at the state championship meet on Saturday in Hebron. The boys finished 18th in the state and were led by Theo Snowdon and Nick Hall, who placed in the top half of the boys' field of 178 runners. The girls finished 15th in the state and were led by Claire MacDonald and Maria Steinke, who placed in the top half of the girls' field of 177 runners. Congratulations to both teams on their amazing seasons!
those who are looking to be challenged and learn one of the oldest sports in
the world, wrestling practice starts today after school at 4:15. Anyone can
participate or just come observe practice. Also, if anyone would be interested
in attending events to record matches and keep stats there is an opening as
well and the opportunity to earn a letter. Hope to see you there!
to the High School Library after school on Wednesday to watch and support
Senior Ryan Callahan as he signs his National Letter of Intent to play Division
One baseball at Wright State University! There will be cake and cookies and
everyone is welcome so come support!
Happy birthday today to Charlie Britt, Kara Kilbourne,
and Justin Lavelle and Leonardo DiCaprio!
The Allied powers
signed a ceasefire agreement with Germany at Rethondes, France, at 11:00 a.m.
on November 11, 1918, bringing the war now known as World War I to a close.
proclaimed the first Armistice Day the following year on November 11, 1919,
with these words:“To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be
filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s
service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from
which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to
show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…” Originally,
the celebration included parades and public meetings following a two-minute
suspension of business at 11:00 a.m.
In honor of
Veterans’ Day, we would like to recognize the following people for their
Coach Chris Bragg
Mr. Dwain Mickey
Mr. Bobby Moore
Mr. Neal Tomich
Mr. Tracy Fowler
Mr. Vince Giardino
Mr. Kelvin Talley