Bexley Middle School Counselors help all students in the areas of academic achievement, social/emotional development, and career readiness, ensuring today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. Your access to a School Counselor is important to us.
How does a child see the School Counselor?
- Self-referral by student
- Teacher referral
- Parent/family referral
- Administrative referral
- RTI (Response to Intervention Team)
School Counseling Services:
- Teaches regular guidance lessons in classrooms
- Collaborates with teachers and families to help children develop academically, socially, and emotionally
- Provides individual and small group counseling
- Consults with parents and families regarding concerns
- Provides information on community resources for families
- Provides support during crisis
- Promotes a positive and safe school climate
- Is a visible, proactive, positive support for all students, staff, and families