Bexley City Schools Board of Education passed a resolution to require all students, staff, and essential visitors, regardless of vaccination status, to wear masks while inside our facilities during school hours effective immediately.
The District will provide each staff and student two masks. We expect them to arrive after Labor Day. Students who do not bring a mask to school can receive a disposable mask in their building's office.
Individuals will be physically distanced by 3 feet when possible.
Hallways & Lockers
Hallways will not be one-way or have specified traffic directions. Lockers will be available for use.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Masks and desk and table barriers will be available for students and staff upon request, including in the school cafeterias.
Water Fountains & Filling Stations
Water filling stations are available throughout buildings. Water fountains will be turned on for use. Hand sanitizer will be available at each fountain.
Increased hand washing will continue to be emphasized throughout the school day. Hand sanitizer will continue to be placed in classrooms and throughout the buildings. Students will be encouraged to sanitize their hands throughout the day and at a minimum upon entering and exiting a classroom. Cough and sneeze etiquette will be taught, monitored, and reinforced.
Cleaning and disinfecting
Flu season cleaning protocols will be initiated at the start of the school year.
Breakfast & Lunch
All enrolled in BCSD students are eligible to receive one breakfast and one lunch at no charge for the 2021-2022 school year through United States Department of Agriculture waivers.
- Students will be strongly encouraged to eat outside, weather permitting.
- Plans are developed to ensure students are spaced three feet apart while unmasked and eating.
- Students will mask once finished eating.
- Plans are developed to ensure the number of students in the cafeteria are limited.
- Table dividers will be available for students upon request.
- Students will be encouraged to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer before lunch periods.
- When possible, fans should ventilate out of the building/window.
The Ohio Department of Health continues to encourage our community to get vaccinated against COVID-19. The Ohio Department of Health provides information on the benefits of the vaccine in a school environment. Visit COVID-19 Vaccine – Franklin County Public Health to find available vaccination locations in our area. The COVID-19 vaccine is not required for staff and students.
Similar to other vaccination clinics provided by the Franklin County Public Health and Nationwide Children’s Hospital Bexley City Schools last spring, our facilities may serve as a vaccination site.
Misplaced Vaccination Card
Please contact the agency that provided your vaccination to get a replacement card. If you received your vaccine through Franklin County Public Health, please complete and send in the Immunization Records Release form their website. You will be sent your immunization record through the state system.
- Athletic Spectators (Indoor/Outdoor): Masks strongly encouraged and spectators should remain physically distanced at three feet from other spectators when possible.
- Masks are strongly encouraged in the weight room after school hours. Weight room participants should follow distancing, cleaning, and disinfection protocols.
- Performances in Theaters: Spectators will be strongly encouraged to wear masks and should remain physically distanced at three feet from other spectators when possible.
- Masks recommended
- Performing outdoors is preferred
- Quality air change/HVAC system is necessary
- Rehearsals can last 50 minutes
- Face shields are not recommended, as they don’t help with aerosols
- Face Masks: Per a federal requirement, face masks will be required to be worn by all students, staff and school bus drivers while on the bus.
- Hand Sanitizing: Hand sanitizer will be available on all school buses.
- Assigned Seats: Students will have an assigned seat and will be seated up to the bus capacity.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting: Each bus will continue to be cleaned and disinfected daily.
Visitors and Volunteers
Essential visitors and volunteers will be permitted into school buildings, determined by the building principal.
The building HVAC systems will continue to be programmed to bring in more outside air throughout the day. Final air filtering for district school buildings is through a MERV 13 filter or higher.
When outdoors masks are recommended but not required. Parents, please speak with your student(s) about your preference regarding their use of a mask at recess.
Field Trips will be permitted. Masking and distancing protocols remain in place during trips.