One of the top districts in the state, the Bexley City School District is located in a suburban community just four miles east of downtown Columbus, Ohio. Bexley's neighborhood schools form the center of a stable, close knit community. Students benefit from the small class sizes that permit personal attention and foster academic excellence, with access to a rich variety of courses and extra-curricular programs. The district operates according to a guiding mission and strategic priorities that have been set by community stakeholders and approved by the Board of Education.
- Accredited by the internationally recognized AdvancED.
- Bexley High School ranked 158th out of 29,000 U.S. public high schools that "serve all students well," according to U.S. News and World Report in 2016; Bexley was also the top-ranked school in central Ohio and the third in the state.
- Twenty-two Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available at Bexley High School; in 2016, a record number of 313 students (62 percent of those eligible) took a total of 663 AP exams.
- Nine members of the class of 2017 and 12 in the class of 2016 were invited to participate in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Earned Moody’s Investor Service Aa2 rating, one of the highest ratings assigned any Ohio district.
- Cassingham Elementary and Bexley Middle School authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) world schools, the first of their kind in Ohio; each school with its own education best practice.
Total Enrollment - August 2016 - 2,360
Bexley High School (grades 9 - 12) 732
Bexley Middle School (grades 6 - 8) 359
Cassingham Elementary School (grades K - 5) 483
Maryland Elementary School (grades K - 5) 366
Montrose Elementary School (grades K - 5) 420
Attendance rate 95.2%
Graduation rate (four years) 99.3%
College Matriculation rate (class of 2014) 93.0%
Black, Hispanic, Asian, Multiracial enrollment 16.9%
Student/Teacher ratio 16:1
Teachers - full time equivalent 170.9
Average years of experience 13
Teachers with at least a Master’s Degree 86.3%
Average teacher's salary $74.988
General Fund Budget (2015 - 2016) $34.57 M
Per Pupil Expenditure + $15,929
Total Expenditure for Classroom Instruction* 71.5%
General Fund Receipts
Property Taxes $17.7 M
State Foundation/Rollback $6.9 M
Income tax $7.2 M
Earnings on Investments/Miscellaneous $0.5 M
College Admissions Test Results
Bexley student scores compared with Ohio statewide averages:
SAT Critical Reading 598 (555)
SAT Writing 580 (535)
SAT Math 596 (562)
ACT average composite score 25.9 (22)
Characteristics of the Community
Population of Bexley 13,703
Number of households 4,705
Median income based on federal income tax returns* $70,992
*Ohio Department of Taxation, 2013
+ Ohio Department of Education 2016