An Update On Double Masking
Spring Break Travel
BCSD follows the Ohio Department of Health's K-12 School Quarantine Guidance, which was updated January 13, 2021. You can read the full document here
Students and adults in K-12 schools may continue to attend in-person school, even during a normal quarantine period, if the following conditions are met:
- The school has documented COVID-19 prevention policies, including universal mask wearing, social distancing, hand-washing, identification and management of students exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and routine environmental cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- The exposure occurred within a classroom environment or while on required school transport (e.g., school bus).
- The person with COVID-19 and any associated contacts were wearing face masks that covered their nose and mouth at all times.
- If meals were consumed, a distance of at least 6 feet between students must have been maintained.
- Social distancing was maintained.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)defines acceptable distancing as a minimum of 6 feet. In accordance with the American Academy of Pediatrics, desks should be placed ideally 6 feet apart and at a minimum 3 feet apart.
The above guidelines only apply to classroom settings. Students should not attend in-person school if they are exposed to COVID-19 outside the classroom, including during sports and other extracurricular activities, regardless of masking.
Elementary Parent Workshops
The Cassingham PTO is sponsoring a series of parenting workshops facilitated by Libby Steele, LPCC, and Matt Dunatchik, LPCC, of Gestalt Columbus. All of these workshops are for 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.March 2, 2021 -
Navigating the Unknown: How to help growing brains with tough transitions
Zoom link: https://bexleyschools.zoom.us/j/81866809527April 13, 2021 -
Navigating Challenges: How to develop a culture of patience and acceptanceJune 8, 2021 -
Learning through Play: How to foster a growth mindset and stop the power struggle
These workshops are open to all Bexley elementary school families. All workshops will be held virtually.