Dear Families -
Congratulations to all the students who took part in the elementary play, Circus Olympus! As always, the work of Ms. Rhinehart, Mr. Bowman, our student cast and crew was incredible!
As we wind down our school year, here are items to watch for:
- If you would like to order school supplies for the 2023-24 school year, this is a service our PTO offers families. Click here to learn more about how to order: http://1stdayschoolsupplies.com/kits.php?sid=82332
- Within a few next weeks, PowerSchool will send out an automated message for you to complete the Annual Student Verification form. This form needs to be completed for every student returning to Bexley City Schools next year. This is incredibly important information for us to have to plan for staffing and for your child's experience. We appreciate everyone completing this as soon as possible. This verification also keeps information coming your way across the summer and into next school year.
- Each school’s librarian has been sending library book return notices to families; please be on the lookout for any books that can come back to school. And if you notice that your child’s closet is a bit bare; we may have a few of their articles of clothing in our lost and found collections. Feel free to stop in afterschool any day to check out the collection of items.
- Students will be cleaning out their lockers/cubbies multiple times over the last two weeks of school. It will be helpful for them to have a tote bag, or two (!) for the items that have been collected.
- We plan to email your child’s teacher placement information on August 11th. It will be very important to ensure that your contact information is up to date in our PowerSchool system. Please verify this information when you get the notice over the next few weeks, to ensure that school communications continue to flow to you.
Eager to begin another terrific week,
Jeannine Hetzler, Cassingham
Nyesha Clayton, Montrose
Rachel Niswander, Maryland
May 8-26 MAP testing in Reading & Math for students K-5
May 25th- MT Fun Day (K-2 am, 3-5 pm)
May 26th- MT Fun Dash (Run), 2:15 pm
May 29th - Memorial Day, No School
May 30th MT Safety Patrol End of Year Field Trip
May 31st- MT 5th Grade Rising-Up Ceremony, 9:30am
June 1st- Last Day of School for Students, 5th Grade Pool Party
June 1st - Progress reports go “live” IN PowerSchool, 3pm
June 2nd - Teacher Work Day
June 2nd - Bexley Public Library is hosting a Summer Reading Kickoff 3:00pm
If you know of any Bexley residents who are seeking a preschool experience for their 3 to 5 year olds, please share this information with them. Our ½ day preschool program, hosted at Montrose Elementary School is seeking peer models for the coming school year.
Heading to Kindergarten
Parents and guardians are invited to a free, virtual workshop called “Heading to Kindergarten.” The event is on Thursday, June 1, beginning at 12:30 p.m. The event is hosted by the Ohio Head Start Association.
Learn more information about topics to be discussed on the event registration page.
We anticipate that this week’s weather forecast will encourage more children to walk or ride their bikes to school; be on the lookout as you’re driving. Additionally, it is helpful to talk with your child about why we expect them to cross streets at crosswalks and follow the safety rules they learned during Safety Town and Physical Education classes.
Additionally, every staff member expects (and reminds!) children to honor the after-school plans you had for them when they arrived at school. Pleasant weather sparks the desire for impromptu playdates! Teachers do not supervise our playgrounds after school; they have professional obligations from 3-4PM each day. Therefore, children may not remain on school yards without an adult supervisor. Thank you for working with us to ensure each child’s safety!
Student’s spring Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) assessments are scheduled between Monday, May 8- Friday, May 26th. All elementary students will participate this spring.
Kindergarten students will have their first MAP experience in the area of reading.
1st- 5th grades are assessed in reading and math.
MAP is a computerized assessment that adapts to each student by giving items that are more or less difficult based upon the student’s performance within the assessment. Classroom teachers will share results from MAP with families as part of your child’s end of year materials.
Please be sure students bring their device charged and ready to use everyday and particularly for MAP days.
Varsity Softball Coach Joshua Abbott will be holding a free softball clinic for Bexley children who are rising to 2nd, 3rd or 4th grades for school year 23-24. The clinics will be Monday June 5th to Thursday June 8th. Click this link for more information….
Fun Day Information from Mr. Strait
We are in need of enthusiastic parent volunteers that are willing to donate their time to allow our students to have a fun and enjoyable end of school year experience. This year we are going back to our old format of having all grades participate on the same day. This year's Fun Day will take place on Thursday, May 25th. Our Rain Date is scheduled for Friday, May 26th.
The K-2 Fun Day will take place in the morning from 8am-11:30am. The 3-5 Fun Day will take place in the afternoon from 12pm-3:30pm. There is also an All Day option if you wish to volunteer for both time slots.
If you are interested in volunteering please select the desired grade level Fun Day and time slot. Also, with volunteering for the event, parents are required to fill out a Level 2 Parent Volunteer Form located in the Volunteer Handbook. All forms must be signed by Mrs. Clayton. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. The volunteer sign up link is below.
Thank you families for attending our first ever Montrose Family Breakfast! We had such a great time and our students were eager to talk about the experience throughout the day!
Come join us as we celebrate this past year and plan for the year to come! It’s a way to connect with parents and learn about how to serve within the school. Please see flyer here:
Have questions or want to RSVP, emails us at: